Sunday, September 19, 2010

Norwegian Wood

It wasn't the best night before it all happened. Mom got very sick by dinner time, and we couldn't decide what might have caused it, or what would be best to do. It was just the more ironic since the same day she'd been to a so-called prevention day attending different kind of health checks, X-rays and so on. The results were not too good either, but didn't refer to any issue with her digestion that seemed to cause her a very hard time later on. However she could go to sleep in the end, and maybe my strange dream was caused by not only reading on in a Norwegian book, but also focusing on it enough to kind of living it while getting on with it.



In my dream I don't remember to have realized it that I was actually dreaming. Maybe that's a good sign. But then when I needed to think a little bit while explaining what happened in Norwegian, then I woke up... Uncertainty? Ikke nok selvtillit? Anyhow, we were traveling by bus in huge snow, when it had to stop while going up on a bridge. We were still above land with roofs below us when we got off, trying to find out how to get to work the soonest from there. All of a sudden we were sliding down the roofs, at the same time trying not to fall off. Then after a few quite impressive movements we were in amongst small wooden houses closing in on a little yard. So we stepped into what looked like a little shed and turned out to be a workshop.



There, and I think only there I've realized that we were in Norway, and so after a few moments thinking, started to explain to the men there what had happened. Funny to remember now that I introduced myself, and said we came from Hungary. Does this reveal more than just me thinking about new interviews where they might test my language skills? I do think so. No matter what happened we've survived and succeeded to get as far as asking for help and guidance. Also I could speak on our behalves with the locals in a foreign land. I take it as a sign for growing self-confidence when speaking Norwegian, and maybe in my job seeking, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment