Friday, May 27, 2016

the miracle

I saw a girl from the window. She went down the little alley where they had cut off all those wonderful, huge trees. And only then planted some small ones in their places.

She stopped by one of them, and I wasn't quite sure if I saw it right, but she seemed to touch the stem of it, so suddenly and gently. Then she continued to click on her smart phone, but stayed right there by the young tree.

I got so touched and excited, nearly delirious, that I was hanging on, awaiting if she'd reach out again. For a moment I was thinking, maybe they came up with an app to send samples of things you had physical contact with. Actually, I'm almost sure they did.

After what seemed an eternity, the girl touched the tree again, and when she pulled her hand back, as if stroking the bark, I could swear she kissed her palm. This seemed even stranger, for she was still typing, and holding her eyes on the screen of her mobile as she went on.

But then this felt like the highlight of the day. Now I thought this was a message to me, because I looked out of the window exactly then. Now I imagined a world where we all smile at each other, and my heart felt young once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment