Tuesday, July 12, 2016

the time of your life

It's a bit hard to believe that Bowie only covered his eyes (at least on his physical body) in his last two video clips, because he didn't want to see death coming for him. In Lazarus he even said that he'd be free like that bluebird. So why would he not look forward to it?

I believe, it was all the things around him, and around all of us, that he closed his eyes on. Instead he was focusing on what was coming. And I don't mean all his death wish, and the end of the world kind of lyrics from before, at all.

That makes me remember again that night when I woke up as a child, and suddenly I was thinking that one day I shall die, and there's nothing I can do about it. And I was just sitting in my bed, in the dark, wondering about the meaning of it all. Is there a meaning to it, after all?

No comments:

Post a Comment