Thursday, April 15, 2010

Is it any wonder, I reject you first?

today was a day of rejections, at least in the end I decided not to take it so bad to save me from more bad stuff, already having some flue and fever for a few days, and still having to work.
first i received a rejection from a company i have been to for a test which they told me turned out very good and even called me from the recruiter to discuss salary and such details. then today in the email they said they had to say no to me as my skills and experiences in my cv did not match their expectations, as if i did not even attend the test they valuated as very good.

recently i was applying for a course but the organization procedure seems to digest the very thing itself, but maybe i was just too impatient, and had less to do at work today, so was able to check more frequently if i got the answer from the teacher.
actually it is a norwegian course as the teacher with whom i started to learn and got so far, has been planning to move to norway. i contacted her in email like two months back now, but then she went silent more than a month ago. today i decided to call her, maybe to have good news - i was thinking she might have already moved and started a new life there.
on the contrary, when she called me back, she burst into tears when telling me things were not that good. so i got an answer in the end about someone else being rejected...

even my query to have my shift changed in case the course would start had been turned down
i had another desperate try yet, calling an old friend who has been home with a foot that has to heal before she can walk again. however she did not take answer the phone.
i think i have to admit this is not my day - or i'm just going the wrong way


Story Sample - Theodore Sturgeon: Yesterday was Monday
Silver Screen - Roy Andersson: World of Glory
Song Selection - Harmonia & Eno: Sometimes in Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment