Friday, February 26, 2016

It wasn't me

When I left my last job and received all the documents related to tax, and health insurance, they couldn't find the papers from my previous work place, which I'd submitted to them when I started there. There followed a lengthy correspondence about where these official forms could have gone.
Then one day I received a phone call from my colleague who left on the same day as I did. For some reason he was given my paperwork. My boss stated several times, it was not her who gave it to my colleage. She had also questioned it, before this call, if I turned in these papers to them at all. Finally she said that the one who was responsible for this, didn't work there anymore.

At my next work place they didn't want to train me, though the person I should have stepped in for, was about to leave in a few days. I've experienced such situations before, and since I didn't want to go through it again, I left. On my last day my boss wanted me to say goodbye to all, and tell everyone the reason for me leaving so soon was not because it was so difficult to learn the job.

During my search for a new job I have just completed an online language test as requested by an employer. Then, while I was doing the next one, a logical this time, my mobile started to ring. Since I had to finish within a certain time limit, I didn't take it.
When I was ready, and called the number several times, they wouldn't pick it up. Then I called it from my landline, and a man answered, saying he didn't call me. When I read the number to him, he said it was not his, and he didn't understand why my call was re-directed to him. Shortly afterwards they called me from the company who had me do the tests.

Actually, the only thing that made me think about all these cases, was that I've always assumed it was more trendy and also more possible to get away with lying, cheating and the like of it on a grand scale. Now it seems that it has become a part of our everyday "professional" life, almost a necessity to do our job. But then again, where could we learn that from, if not from where it all started; at the very top.
So, the moral of the story is: If you read this - No, it wasn't me.



No comments:

Post a Comment