Friday, August 26, 2016

what's wrong with them?

I don't know if you've ever bought food at such fast food places where you come out of the subway. I've done it regularly for a while, but stopped as the quality is really junk, and mostly I didn't feel like going back to experience such a fantastic nice hospitality. But this week, instead of making sandwiches or something else at home for next morning, I've often stopped by again at one or another of these on my way to work.

Well, I have to say that the level of service is just as shitty as the food they're selling. In a supermarket when I went to pay at the cashier, not that they didn't say hello, but didn't even look at me, just went on talking to each other. At another place they served someone else first, who jumped in front of me in the queue, and started to say "two cups with sugar". I continued to say "and me, I'll have one with milk, no sugar, please", but the bugger got his first, anyhow.

And this morning the brickhead whom I actually did greet, just kept on repeating Good morning, instead of giving me what I asked for, while staring at me angrily. Anyhow, I just finished to list what I wanted, and when she quipped a "no coffee" for my request, obviously now having completely lost any hope that she can squeeze another good morning out of me, I just confirmed that yes, I had said that if she'd only listened.

I also made other not so nice remarks, sometimes in their faces, or like they, pretending that I was not around, just into the air, which I wouldn't quote here, as they only served to let out my slight frustration over such a zilch serving, and that with an experience of customer service over a decade or two.

But honestly what I hate most is that they see someone like me, and - I know that most of them - take me for an easy target by sight, and they get even embarrased when I open my mouth back at them. What I just don't see is why it's easier to be an asshole with someone who didn't even hurt you, and you get paid to work there, and he just asked for something you are supposed to sell.

Now I put my question in the title in a slightly different way: what's not wrong with them? They've been brought up like that, to become a backboneless, shitty twit who tries to give out their frustration on the first person they think with their tiny little brain will take it without a word. Well, my humble opinion, like I also explained that to the above mentioned lady is that they shouldn't work at such a place, if they can't even adjust themselves to the basic requirements of social life.

And I just add it here that I don't agree with that so-called social life at all, as I think it's all mere pretence, if it doesn't come naturally. But if I hold myself to its made up norms then I'd except the others to do so, too. Well, that's all folks, and you have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment