Sunday, October 9, 2016

The thread (we're all hanging on)

During this week's forest walks I sometimes saw the ground moving when I got very tired. It made me think of the prophets who saw and heard things people usually don't. Just like oracles, shamans, seers and fortunetellers; those who have the gift of clearvoyance.

Most of them, willingly or by fate, used to retreive into the wilderness or even get lost there, and also exhausted to the extremes. Under such circumstances one sees the so-called reality in a different way. And again, what's reality? It's based on an agreement of the majority who perceive it in the way that determines the word itself.

But these "outsiders" who often get paid by food, and only live with it when they're really in need of it - right because their way of life and interests lay outside of that of the majority - they also see the world from another point of view, for the very same reason.

The same way, if you hold yourself out of the influence of propaganda or media - and here I don't mean the news or the agenda of a political party or that of a commercial company, but in general, others' opinion - and you only focus on what's really important, like life and death that concerns all, then you can see the rest of it as meaningless tiny details. Then you can see everything on a broader horizon, and with a mind free of the daily miseries.

The ancients called them the Gracious Ones, they who'd spin and weave, and ultimately cut the thread of life. I was often thinking about them on my forest walks, though I can only see it now, as it all happened in the back of my mind, while I was wandering around and wondering at the beauty of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment