Wednesday, June 20, 2012

the free folks

I love to stand in the bus stop at night when my shift ends at ten, and feel the cool air and smell the different trees and bushes. There's a few of them around. Such a relief after having been withered all day long in the office, and trying to keep alive with the aid of fans and air-conditioning but turning them off again and again as they're not the real thing anyhow.
And when I'm waiting out there in the night I can understand why we started to fill up the darkness with funny creatures of our fantasy. One of these days or nights I thought I saw something strange walking there in between the trees. But it was only a couple looking for a place to pee or something else to do. And they didn't sound anything strange, just like people can sound... So in a way I see why some of us prefer to see different creatures instead.
But then in a few minutes I saw a shooting star crossing the velvet sky, and I felt glad again. It's more like a flash on the retina, or like a memory. It's happened and gone before you could realize it. And some say stars are distant and cold. Well, I say they can twinkle to make darkness less dull and they fall for you even if you don't wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment