Sunday, October 14, 2012

Public transportation #4 Underground #2 Alie-nation

Everyone seems strange to everyone else - especially for the first glance - and it's totally natural, I think. It might seem worse in a big city where you have to face a lot of people you've never met before, and also stay close to them for a while, when using public transportation, for instance.
I remember at college our psychology teacher picked us randomly, and there was a different "flash" situation he'd put us in suddenly. When he called my name, he asked me to stand up, and came up to me not too fast but with steady steps, looking right into my eyes all the time. I kept eye contact with him constantly with a little smile on my face. And even when he couldn't get closer, except by touching me, I was standing there smiling at him. I can still remember a vaguely but definitely disappointed look on his face...
Up to this very day, I feel helpless seeing people to suffer from others "invading" their private zone, which can be clearly noticed on their faces. Some even add a little extra to make sure you can see it. And sadly I remember a time from not so long ago, when even here in the capital city, people used to have a chat with "complete strangers" while queuing, or taking a bus ride and getting close to each other - not just physically. Small talk, it was only, though it did worth a lot, and made it much easier - to feel human... aren't we?

No comments:

Post a Comment