Thursday, December 1, 2016

Dreams are made of...

...your fears and hopes, I believe. What a job for the brain to work on them. No wonder it all becomes as oblique as a film noir.

In one of these recent mind shows of mine I was offered a job where I should put some kind of ointment on myself to draw mosquitos. And though couldn't understand the point, I still accepted it together with some others waiting there for work. Then found myself in some kimd of swamp with beasts coming up from it, while the others at the interview would sit around observing, and telling me it was what I signed up for.

Looks like this guy I fell for at work, now started to haunt my dreams, too. In one I have a coffee or maybe work in a dvd rental place, and he'd come in, find some movies, then leave, showing no interest to stay there with me, when I'd try to talk to him.

In another one I obviously work at a butcher's, and am trying to slice up a sausage for him, but have to find another knife, as the one I'm using is not sharp enough. When I try that one, he's about to leave, seemingly having lost his patience.

Then there was this re-occuring one the night before about a huge bridge structure with some cabel transport system that as usual, I am hesitating to take for too long, and so the chance is gone. Though when I sometimes do it, would get lost in the middle of it all.

And yet another fear exploring one the night after, about looking down from the top of the stairs because I can hear some noise approach as the lights go out. When it's getting real close, and I can catch sight of something blurry that moves in a very strange way, there is a crazy laughter that I'm not sure whether it comes from there or within me. This last thing gives me the creeps even wide awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment