Friday, December 2, 2016

Who are you?

I used to be pretty liberal for my little hometown. In my early twenties I had different colored hair, and since I was dying it myself it could look quite strange at times. And as I was dressing from second hand shops, I used to wear everything from black angora jacket to trapeze trousers. All this only at this age because in secondary you were not allowed to do it.

You could find me in blues pubs and at midnight performances in ruin factories, wherever something was going on. In the midst of all this I was also trying to find a partner which is rather normal at that age, I guess. My bad luck, so to say, is that I wanted to find another man. Simply because as long as I can remember I've always loved men the way some say a man should only love a woman.

Strange thing is you can get a bad reputation simply by being yourself. Like in a swamp, where you're being swallowed with every move you take. Though it didn't feel uncertain ground, the country was choking me. I mean the whole country.

The people who give in for nothing. For meeting the expectations of people who say they love them, and only want the best for them, instead of simply being who they are. How can someone seriously mean they love you, if they want you to be someone else?

No comments:

Post a Comment