Monday, September 23, 2013

The war between parallel universes

As a kid I used to scare myself by making real grim faces in front of the bathroom mirror. Sometimes my features became so unfamiliar and strange that I thought a demon was looking back at me.
We had a top-to-toe mirror at the end of the hallway. Now and then I walked up to it pretending it was not me reflected in there. And at times it seemed true, it looked like there was another person in there whom I could turn away from, and he would stay there looking after me. 
At Grandma's place there was a huge standing tryptich mirror with the two sides slightly turning in. I used to play, maybe not for hours, but definitely quite long in front of it. The tain was broken or uneven in it, so if I was standing in a certain position I could completely disappear. And then I pretended not to be there at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment