Monday, September 9, 2013

The ghost of a long-forgotten blog

I had these dreams right after the day I'd remembered that once I was writing a blog.
I was by the sea with long and narrow paths going out into it in a half circle with buildings on them like the Brighton pear. Especially one of them with a big dome on top reminded me of this long ago visit to that cozy town on the shore. Only after I woke up, of course.
 In my dream I was surprised though realizing where I was walking, and maybe even wondered why. Or that came also only when I left the dream world. However I am reading a book on Atlantis. So, who knows what led where. My way there led closer to the water. And even though when I first caught sight of that place it was busy with people running around like ants at broad daylight, by the time I got near the huge complexes it was all abandoned and all dark.

It was not only the gap in time that made me feel like I was missing something. As I wanted to cross this great hall topped with the cupola a door blocked my way. And literally I stood there understanding that I couldn't open it though there was no lock on it. Probably to make sure that I understood it in the language of dreams that it was but a symbol. Of what? ...being afraid to simply go through yet another phase, to make another decision? Or someone making it look more than it is.
Soon there was a woman coming that way who looked surprised at me and at the same time through me, as if she was only sensing the presence of someone else without seeing me. And indeed as soon as she pushed the gate, it gave in so easily, and as she passed through I followed her.

I found myself outside and after a sudden turn by the wall there was but a tiny walk-way hardly enough for one man following the building with the waves coming right at it on the other side. And as I turned back and tried to find my way to another route going higher it was already sunny again, and kids playing on that elevation reaching out into the sea. I could feel then that I was a child myself, too, and followed them trying to climb higher and higher on a playground.
It was very beautiful to see the big water at daylight just as it was mysterious and a bit scary by night. In a strange way while I was following the others in their game, and constant ascent, I was always left behind. But not as a slow and uncertain kid, more like I was not really there, only remembering it all.

Then I was in a room with another child. The lights were on, so I guess it was night time again. We played with something, and was also awaiting someone to arrive. Like a parent, for instance. But when we heard steps and some small noise we felt uneasy though not scared. It did feel strange. We became quite sure somebody was with us, but we couldn't see that person. Then by chance when walking in front of the miarror I glanced at him/her. I was not afraid though it felt rather strange, but I could accept it somehow. After I turned to see who was reflected and couldn't find anyone where s/he should stand, and looked back in the mirror there was nobody there either. Now I saw a pet or toy from the corner of my eye, but before I could focus it was gone, and finally there was only a handful of glass weight with something in it. And when I reached out to touch it, my hand went through. Suddenly I understood it was my way back through that door - I met my ghost. And I woke up.


No comments:

Post a Comment