Friday, May 7, 2010

"all the heavy slumbers, cruel insomnias, vain dreams, spoilt pleasures, and infinitely diverse miseries that a great city contains"

Tonight I had a flying dream that I hadn't have for a good while. True it was not real flying, but it used to be like that before. Sometimes I had a walking stick and before I could realize I was going up in the air, as if on some invisible steps. This time I guess I was back that looked somewhat like the yard of my primary school, and it indeed seemed to be a kind of jumping competition. But then we could make it high enough so that you could call it flying. It took me like sliding down on the big wide steps of the main stairway from the top floor. Just letting my feet take the way down instead of stepping. Then as I popped out off the door and into the yard, where I think I just bounced like a ricochet, off the ground, and so catching a long twig that would help me forward, got then thrown on the roof. There I was speculating about the next jump, where to land to get enough speed for a bigger hop.


 
And as I was walking on the flat top of the modern part of the building, I saw a few life-sized McDo figures as if just waiting there for me. I might have had them in some earlier dreams of mine, not quite sure now, but there and then they didn't even surprise me. I wonder if they're representing danger or open threatening since I saw the movie adaptation of Stephen King's IT. I used to look up an old Book of Dreams when remembering details this clear. But sometimes they wouldn't help, not even the modern book that does have more relevant explanations most of the time. Also if I can come up with a very likely solution of the symbols, that's good enough for me. Anyhow as I reached the red-yellow clown - almost sure it was on his own by now - it started to make some low and deep grumbling noises instead of any talking. It was not frightening, though this might have been the goal, but still very distracting, and leaving me unable to calculate any safe landing plans. So it made it quite clear for me that my flying (freedom) successes were not welcome by the commercially expected (and forced), that's to put it simply, ruling by covering your eyes from your real chances.



Finally I met someone we spent some time with, in an old and partly or maybe mostly abandoned building. Sometimes I could see this person, and then without any obvious reason, only hear, and so guess of the whereabouts. But it was not like in my previous dream, when I only heard a voice as if a comment, so it didn't surprise me at all not to see the person it came from. Here it was rather different, and seemed like when this one was busy, and didn't want to be bothered, then simply became invisible. Then I could be convincing enough to gain seeing again. I'm uncertain if this was a ghost, but right there I found it was a person I knew before in my real life, and trusted or even loved.


Story Sample - Stephen King: The Tommyknockers
Silver Screen - Tommy Lee Wallac: It (story: Stephen King)
Song Selection - Roy Orbison: In Dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment