Sunday, May 23, 2010

try to imagine what silence looks like

Well, the cough wouldn't go away, though it's been nearly a week now that I 've been taking some medicine the prescribed for it. Spent some time in bed first, but I don't seem to have any symptoms of having caught a flue, not even a cold. It's just the cough, so there definitely must be something stuck there that irritates. Seems to almost cease, then the next day I don't seem to be able to stop barking with nothing coming up at all. Think I should have my chest X-rayed, just to make sure it's not something dangerous. It occured to me, since I had once a tumor removed from my body, that even though that was like five years ago, it's better to be preventive.

Otherwise it was a relatively silent period, maybe too silent. Been waiting for someone to answer mails, instead I was doing it; or longed for some stuff I'd ordered before to arrive in vain, and I've just found more and - since it's cheaper with all the extras than in the shops, and don't have to search where they're can be bought - ordered some more. Waited for some news jobwise with no result, so registered at more recruiters' sites, which I actually don't really trust would help. They never found me via those companies, well, except for this job that will end soon. So, it won't hurt, and it also makes me look on more big firms' web pages what vacancies they have. 



All in all this week did have that particular impression on me, it dragged past me so slowly, the days fell on their knees, you know the song. Though it was nice to have more time and energy to do things I wouldn't do in between the usual 12-hours shifts. Also looked more into Norwegian, both the housework, words we learned, and could pick more articles by browsing through a few newspapers. Honestly haven't read on in any of the two Norwegian books I'm in now. Instead a lot English fiction and fantasy. And watching movies, walking, talking and playing dice and cards with Mom and friends.

It might be all because I thought I've done all I could to stop this coughing, why I feel like I miss something I'm constantly yearning for, not sure. Just this strange, inexplicable sensation of not being quite able to enjoy some rest, and being away from work. At least not deep inside my soul, always looking for something, waiting to hear from someone.


Story Sample - Ray Bradbury: The Watchers
Silver Screen - Folie À Deux (The X-files Season 5)
Song Selection - Zero 7: In The Waiting Line

No comments:

Post a Comment