Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tel-Aviv




It was no surprise to have all the flashbacks from the Spring Hill (that Tel-Aviv stands for) after I have just returned from there. I had actually arrived there in early May, and it did look beautiful like spring itself.



When the Shabbat started, and we finished working in the editorial, I used to go down to old Yafo. Sat in the shades, and read, or just looked down on the new city, and over the sea, into the distance.



But that was many years ago, and all of a sudden, I had certain streets and shop windows I used to pass when living there, on my mind again. This happened one of these days, without even having some nostalgic thoughts beforehand. And the feeling was so overwhelming, as if I've just come back home through that street.



Would be great to go back, but also quite complicated, and it didn't turn out as a financial success in the first place. Guess it would be even more difficult now, also all the explanations why do I want to go back now as a citizen, after leaving the country in half a year or so as a new immigrant.




Story Sample - Meir Shalev: The Blue Mountain
Silver Screen - Terry Gilliam: Brazil
Song Selection - Kate Bush: The Dreaming

No comments:

Post a Comment