Monday, May 3, 2010

they're scenes before your eyes

I was watching through the Bowie video collection with the same old feeling I had so many times before doing so. What new can I see? Will I still enjoy it them? I have seen it all countless times before... But then that's the very answer - I've watched them again and again because I can't get bored with them. On the contrary, they stir my imagination, make me laugh, or sad beyond any explicable reason, and when I get to the end I just wish to see, and read, and hear more from whatever Bowie has done. His lyrics, his stories, his tunes, his artwork, his characters, even the animated ones like Boz in the Nomad Soul.

Even though I've always had a talent for drawing, painting, and arranging things, I remember what a big inspiration his impersonations of all the different characters in his songs meant to me. Made me try to sketch dozens of the photos featured on the album sleeves, and try different techniques. Here are a few.














Story Sample - Hugo Wilcken: Low
Silver Screen - Walter Stern: Survive (song: David Bowie)
Song Selection - David Bowie: An Occasional Dream

No comments:

Post a Comment