Friday, June 17, 2016

all the world's a stage

When was thinking 'Thank God, it's Friday afternoon!', on my way home, and taking a lovely sauna on the tube, I just had to realize that life still had some surprises for me. It happened when we stopped at the biggest junction, and the doors were kept open for a little longer.

First it was just a distant noise, then it became a definite shouting. So I got a bit worried that someone might got hurt. Finally I had to realize that some folk had a rather nasty argument going on. And as they came up to the very door that I was standing by, I could actually hear the outcome of it all.

It went like this:
- Fuck off, fucking foreigners!!
- You fuck off!
- Fuck you, FAGGOT!!
- Fuck YOU!

So, there was no real danger, apart from the usual mindless xenophobia, homophobia, and so on. What surprised me, the guy who was trying to send the tourists back home, was dressed like a worker on a construction site. Still, he had pretty good pronunciation skills, and well, not a beginners' dictionary either.

There was another guy standing opposite to me, reading a book in English. He also looked up from it, wondering at the hassle, but I couldn't read any appreciation from his expression. He might have had other criteria to judge by. However, I don't think it could have been played any better, were we at a theater.

No comments:

Post a Comment