Wednesday, June 8, 2016

on so-called social media

Believe me when I say it, it's a great feeling when you make up your mind and write to your friends, then after a while they answer to you. Unless you simply decide to talk. Technically it's possible, suppose you have the equipment.

I don't say that forums, blogs (oops!) and other kind of open virtual places are not good. Personally, I prefer one-to-one communication. Especially with people we've been knowing each other for a while. It makes it real, and well, yes, personal.

At such forums as for instance, facebook, I miss this honest and to-the-point quality. To me it's like small talk. Then I rather use my time for taking care of special connections.

I don't only mean that these days any real friendships became like something rare and precious. I think they've always been like that. That's the point. No use in pretending.

No comments:

Post a Comment