Sunday, June 5, 2016

any day now

I remember how excited it made me feel when I read in a book about near future possible inventions, about such glasses you can surf the net with, and basically chat, talk, and do all you can now on a laptop, tab or a smart phone.

And you can imagine my surprise, when a month ago or so, I heard it on the radio that they've actually come up with contact lenses that can do this, if you have a mobile phone in close vicinity, like in your pocket. That all happened very fast, considering that the author of this book put things on a time scale spreading through a hundred years from now.

The other news I heard that day was a bit less of a discovery, but more like a 'solution' for airline companies. Namely that they want to start selling double seats for big passangers, and standing tickets to use up all the possible space on board.

Then a week ago, I heard it from a friend that cheap airlines have already started, at least announcing, to introduce such changes on their flights.
Well, I can understand their wish to sort out placing issues, but then I much prefer such sleeping capsules that they used in this movie The 5th Element. What do you know...?

No comments:

Post a Comment